Shorewall removed from Fedora Extras

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Tue Sep 27 13:12:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 12:39 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> The Fedora Extras Steering Committee has agreed on taking action in
> respect of orphaned packages.
>
> Effectively today, after having been without a maintainer for a long time,
> the "shorewall" packages (for the http://www.shorewall.net software), a relict
> from the fedora.us era, have been removed from the Fedora Extras repository
> and disabled within CVS.
>
> Other packages, which may suffer from the same fate, are tracked here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages
>
> Shorewall may be brought back to Fedora Extras by an interested
> contributor any time, provided that the packages are updated to the series
> which is still supported by the upstream project. The 1.4 series of
> Shorewall has reached end-of-life.

I think it is good decision. I have a 2.0 branch based RPM that I can
contribute, let me see if it complies with the Fedora guidelines and if
no one wants to be a mantainer I can volunteer to do that because I
already do that for 5 different servers

Robert Marcano
マルカノ・ロバート。にほんごのがくせい。

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com/
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu/ --recv-key 72A0DCFD