Shorewall removed from Fedora Extras

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Sep 27 18:25:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 13:27 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Ideally we really need a way to have client tools tell users about
> removals as part of tool interaction. "Hey there, Mr. fedora home
> user/admin.. please be aware that the following packages that you have
> installed have been expired from Fedora Extras. Fedora Extras will no
> longer be providing versions of this package. Please consider removing
> these applications from your system or finding a different repository
> to use for update to avoid future security problems with these
> packages"

Sounds like an RFE for tools like the rhn-applet and yumex etc.
Maybe a file of removed packages in repodata that these clients can
grab, then check against installed base. and then notify the user.
Client should support "mark as read" so that they don't keep bugged by
the message once they have read it (but can refer to it later if
needed).