rpms/synce/devel synce.spec,1.11,1.12

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Wed Sep 28 15:00:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:38:04 +0200
Andreas Bierfert <andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:16:01 +0200
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> > > +make LDFLAGS="-lgcc"
> >
> > Urgh - Are you serious about this?
> >
> > I don't know why this package needs this, but in general -lgcc is
> > _never_ correct and indicates very serious problems inside of the
> > package.

Maybe I should add => the package builds fine on fc4 and first thing that came
to mind on devel was that this was a stack-protector foult (hence the
-fno-stack-protector). This did not fix the problem however and next step was
to add the -lgcc as this was mentioned in a post I read.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Bierfert               | http://awbsworld.de      | GPG: C58CF1CB
andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de | http://lowlatency.de     | signed/encrypted