Extras Security Policy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Sep 8 09:50:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 11:13 +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:
> rc040203 at freenet.de said:
> > Once a package has entered CVS, maintainers have all kind of freedom to
> > commit all kind of foolishness they want to commit ;)
>
> But we all watch over each other's back in the fedora-extras-commits list,
> don't we ? ;-)
And we all missed libcddb+libcdio soname screwup ca. 4 weeks ago, as
well as we missed the C++-ABI breakage which recently occurred with some
package (I don't recall which it was), as well as we all let many spec
changes and package update pass without any QA.

I am not talking about "vicious" maintainers, I am talking about that we
nitpick on adding licenses and indentation, while we let changes, like
-%{_bindir}/*
+%{_prefix}/bin/someprog
or
%configure CFLAGS+=" -DXXX "