Buildsys broken?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Sun Sep 11 00:52:03 UTC 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 19:38 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > buildsys seems to be in a bad shape again:
> >
> > /usr/bin/plague-client build keychain keychain-2_5_5-2_fc5 devel
> > Package keychain enqueued.  (However, no Job ID was provided in the time
> > required)
> >
> > The web interface says "The server could not process the request.  Error
> > was:  XMLRPC Fault" on every page...
> >
> > Could someone with access to it have a look?  TIA.
>
> Fixed.  The server side tracebacked and so it got confused.  Preserved
> the traceback and fixed for now

Gee, it looks like the PostgreSQL support I just committed to HEAD would help
here :) If the main thread tracebacks due to a busy sqlite database, the server
is hosed, yes.  We could be a bit smarter about that, but the main problem is
that sqlite is just not suited for this sort of multi-user operation.

Dan