%doc question

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 10:58:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

> > Is there a better place to put the manual files which aren't in manpage
> > format?
>
> Just include:
>
> %doc doc/*.txt
>
> in the %files list and it'll get handled by rpm properly.

Thanks.

I still need to do a lot of messing with this build as it automatically
builds a devel version and normal version, plus the library files aren't
standard Linux ones (the end in .asm, .def, .opt and a few other
extensions - there are quite a number of them, so having

%{_libdir}/*.lib

while nice, doesn't work (can't glob it).

Sooooo, the problem now is splitting the build to be devel and normal
and finding a way to exclude the CVS directory and glob the lib files
correctly.

The .spec and src rpm is up on my website if people want to take a look

http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk/emulation/downloads/z88dk.spec
http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk/emulation/downloads/z88dk-1.6-1.src.rpm

It will build, but rpmlint throws a wobbler at it.

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who