Review Re-Request: ATLAS, a fast implementation of BLAS and LAPACK

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Sep 13 18:00:33 UTC 2005

On Monday, 12 September 2005 at 20:42, Quentin Spencer wrote:
> This has been waiting for review for a while, but I just revised the
> package, so I thought I'd send a new notice. The request for review is
> Bugzilla number 166871. The spec and SRPM can be found at
> http://webpages.charter.net/qspencer/rpm/
>
> Note that this one can take a long time to compile, especially on i386,
> because it makes subpackages for sse, sse2, and 3dnow. It also has a
> custom compilation option that can build libraries that enable the
> compile-time optimizations to create libraries for a specific hardware
> configuration--see the spec file and documentation.

I think the 3DNow-optimized binary could be %ifarch'd athlon
and SSE could be default for pentium3[1], SSE2 for pentium4[1].
I don't think there's any point in providing an i386 package.

[1] at least for FC4. For FC3 there's a problem with lack of pentium3
and pentium4 arches in RPM.

Regards,
R.

--
APT/YUM RPM repository for Fedora Core http://rpm.greysector.net/
mpg321, xmp, faad2, lame, mad, *mplayer*, rdesktop, tin, xvid, mks, mutt