Clamav dæmon config for Exim.

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Sep 17 08:13:46 UTC 2005

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> writes:

> Enrico, are you happy for me to commit this and rebuild for FC4 and
> devel?

[It would have been nice when you waited for my response before submitting
the changes. I was out-of-town last week and could not answer quickly
enough (<24h between question and commit are a little bit optimistic)]

Mmh... I am not happy with these changes, because:

* I do not think that the clamd instances (initscripts + conf) should be
  packaged in the main packages (neither exim, nor something else). They
  would add yet more complexity to the clamav package and they should go
  into their own src.rpm.  There is a 'clamd-gen' script in clamav-devel
  which should help in creating subpackages

  'clamav-milter' is an exception (or not), as it is contains code which
  is shipped with clamav.

* the usage of 'fedora-usermgmt' is wrong; you are assigning the relative
  uid '5' to the 'clamexim' user but this is reserved for 'clamilt' already;
  see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageUserRegistry

* there is missing 'Requires: clamav-server'

Because clamav 0.87 was released yesterday with securityfixes, I am
going to revert your changes and update the package soon.

Enrico