Shorewall removed from Fedora Extras

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 14:46:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Josh Boyer wrote:

> I think FESCO is doing a great job, but Extras is a community driven
> project.  We need to provide the meeting minutes so that the community
> at large can at least see the discussion of such topics.

Fair enough.  The one point I take from this: we need to do a better job
of publishing the minutes to FESCO.

The discussion of this particular issue, though, did not happen during a
weekly meeting.  It happened thru emails and IRC, and it went something
like this:

"Some of these packages are ancient and insecure.  If no one is bothering
to maintain them AND they're huge security risks, we need to orphan them
and pull the RPMs from the repo."

"Yep."

"Yep."

"+1."