License for application name and logos (Was: Creative Commons license for pictures)

Christian Jodar tian at c-sait.net
Fri Sep 30 08:11:21 UTC 2005

Patrice Dumas wrote:
> we dual licenced the images.

I thought about this solution. But I thought this could not do what I'd like to.

The creators logos have only one wish: Being know as the logos creator and
keep its paternity. CC BY-SA does that well. But GPL does not. So with dual
license, anybody could use the pictures with the GPL one and then the
attribution will be lost.

Am I wrong again?

Christian.

PS: I sent mails to debian-legal list and to FSF contact point for licensing
problems. I hope I will have some help. If I find a way to have something
valid for Debian (GCfilms is also included in this distribution but I am not
the package maintainer) I think it would be also valid for FE.