revision number for python-elementtree

Charles Lopes tjarls at iee.lu
Fri Sep 30 10:22:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

The revision numbers for python-elementtree in fe3 and fc4 are the same
while they are different packages with conflicting dependencies. This
should prevent a fc3+fe3 system with python-elementtree from upgrading.
The fe 3 version is a couple of weeks more recent which makes me think
that it may have been just a recompiled fc4 package. I suspect it is a
bit late for fixing the problem now, short of downgrading the extras
revision number but could this be avoided in the future?
Thanks
Charles

rpm -q --requires -p extras/3/i386/python-elementtree-1.2.6-4.i386.rpm
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libexpat.so.0
libpthread.so.0
python-abi = 2.3
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

rpm -q --requires -p
core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/python-elementtree-1.2.6-4.i386.rpm
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)