Licensing pictures within an application

Christian Jodar tian at c-sait.net
Fri Sep 30 13:08:35 UTC 2005

Lewis Jardine wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're wanting. If you want the authors credited in a
> derivative work's copyright section, all licenses provide this.

That's exactly what I wanted. And this is one of the main point I missed
(the other one being difference between license/copyright/trademark but
thanks to Jeff and other members I got it).

Concerning GPL for non programs, I think something should be done because
it is not so clear as it should be. This license was made for command line
programs. Now we have applications with complex graphical user interfaces
and so requiring a lot of design and pictures. I don't think it is well
covered by the license.

Christian.