new package request

Don Russell bugzilla at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Apr 3 18:08:13 UTC 2006

Michael Fleming wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:16 -0700, Don Russell wrote:
>
>> Mike McGrath wrote:

> <snip>
>

>>> Place it on: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList  I've
>>> actually been meaning to package this so I'll try to get off my butt
>>> and do it.
>>>
>>>             -Mike
>>>
>> Thanks Mike... but *what" do I place there? I don't actually *have*
>> anything other than the gzip file available at http://www.phpmyadmin.net
>>
>> And *how* to I put something there? I couldn't find a link to anything
>> where I could add a comment/make a request...
>>
>> I'm trying to install phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.2 manually.... but that's going
>> so well, I thought I'd take a break and see what it takes to request it
>> be added to Extras. :-)
>>

> Somewhat off topic, but this has led me to get off my arse and update my
> own phpmyadmin package - have a wander over to
> http://www.enlartenment.com/packages/fedora/5/x86_64/repodata/repoview/phpmyadmin-0-2.8.0.2-1.fc5.mf.html
> (actually a noarch package that should install anywhere, also in
> FC4/i386 repo flavour :-)
>
> It's certainly not ready for Extras though and more a quick whip-up.
> Poke me enough and I'll give it more work though :-P

OK... I went to your web page and d/l the rpm.... a couple of observations:
Your page says the file is 11.59MBytes, but I get an actual size of:
Length: 3,752,535 (3.6M)

What time zone are you in? Changelog date says Tue 4 Apr 2006 08:00:00

Right now it is Mon 3 Apr 2006 18:05 UTC

I'll try to get to your rpm today and give you some feedback.

Don