Contribution to Extras

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Apr 4 07:30:47 UTC 2006

Victor Skovorodnikov wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've just finished a 2D shooter game "Space Invaders" and was wondering
> if it could be added to Fedora's Extra's section at some point.  This is
> not a final version but it would be very easy to modify it to make it
> work as you think is best.
>
> The game can be downloaded as either source or binary from my site at:
>
> www.victorsk.webhop.org
>
> It's perfectly ready to run if you choose a 'binary' option but you'd
> need to have 'Imlib' installed on your system to compile.
>
> While in my attempts at reducing the image size and making parameters
> pass as pointers and other performance optimization, I think this game
> has become a little too fast for playing, but again it would be easy to
> modify it as you'd like.
>
> I have also been working on an RMI chess game but that has been going
> rather slowly.
>
> Thank you and I look forward to your feedback,
> Sincerely,
> Victor.

The screenshots look nice, so I might concider packaging it, but:
-the name "space invaders" is a know for an already existing and well
  known game and thus cannot be used legally please come up with a new
  name.
-their is no license on the code nor on the images, please add a License
  under which people can (re)distribute and use your code and images,
  this license must of course meet Fedora's guidelines.
-I didn't try the game yet, but I saw no sound files, so I assume there
  is no sound. Pretty graphics is good, but a game without sound is not
  complete, and thus I won't package it.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans