Contribution to Extras

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Apr 4 08:16:20 UTC 2006

> Greetings,  I've just finished a 2D shooter game "Space Invaders" [...]
> The game can be downloaded as either source or binary from my site at:
> www.victorsk.webhop.org
[snip]

FYI, Star Control 2 (which you mention on the game's site as the source for
your graphics) hasn't been forgotten. It has been GPLed and renamed to "Ur-Quan
Masters" because of trademark licensing issues (the people who own the game's
code only had a license to the "Star Control" trademark and so couldn't use it
for the GPL release), and it's even available in Extras (yum install uqm). In
other words, you're lucky because this means you'll probably get away with
"borrowing" its graphics for your game.

        Kevin Kofler