Changes in mock?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Apr 10 13:57:13 UTC 2006

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with building a package in local core 5 or
> development mock. The spec says:
>
>> BuildRequires:	xfce4-panel-devel >= 4.2, libxfcegui4-devel >= 4.2, libxml2-devel
>> BuildRequires:	gettext
>> # only enable TLS support if a recent version of gnutls is available
>> # install libXt for modular X
>> %if "%fedora" > "4"
>> BuildRequires: gnutls-devel >= 1.2.0, libXt-devel
>> %endif
>
> Nevertheless gnutls noch libXt are not installed:
>
>> Executing /usr/sbin/mock-helper yum --installroot /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-i386-core/root install  'libxfcegui4-devel >= 4.2' 'xfce4-panel-devel >= 4.2' 'libxml2-devel' 'gettext'
>>
>> =============================================================================
>>  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
>> =============================================================================
>> Installing:
>>  libxfcegui4-devel       i386       4.2.3-4.fc5      extras             65 k
>>  libxml2-devel           i386       2.6.23-1.2       core              2.1 M
>>  xfce4-panel-devel       i386       4.2.3-3.fc5      extras             11 k
>
> I know it used to work since this package has been built in mock
> in February. Has something changed in the way mock resolves
> "%fedora" in the meantime? I can't find anything in the changelog.
>
> BTW: I see the mock configs for fedora-5-*-core.cfg lack
> "updates-released".

mock uses "yum groupinstall build", which in FC5's yum does not pull in
the buildsys-macros package.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-March/msg02015.html

Workaround:
Grab the buildroots.xml file from under
http://fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/ for the distribution(s) you're
building for, along with the buildsys-macros packages, copy them all to
some local directory (e.g. /home/mock/buildgroups/development/i386/),
then create your own local groups repo, e.g:

# cd /home/mock/buildgroups/development/i386/
# createrepo -g buildroots.xml .

Then edit your mock .cfg file for this target and replace the baseurl
for the groups repo with your local repo, e.g.:

[groups]
name=groups
#baseurl=http://fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/development/i386/
baseurl=file:///home/mock/buildgroups/development/i386/

Paul.