What todo with upstream content in .noarch.rpm format?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:08:04 UTC 2006

RD> If you meant to imply these upstream rpms should forego the usual
RD> cvs import and buildsystem, then no, can't/shouldn't be done.

I think the problem is that upstream doesn't distribute tarballs, they
only give noarch.rpm files.  We can't just drop those in; there aren't
even any SRPMs to review or rebuild.  So Hans wants to know if he
should just treat them as if they were tarballs and extract them with
rpm2cpio as part of building extras-permissible packages.

I think upstream should be begged for a more useful distribution
format, but in the meantime it's not that much more difficult to
unpack an RPM by hand and it produces the desired result.

 - J<