Changes in mock?

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Apr 10 23:58:48 UTC 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 6:42 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Am Montag, den 10.04.2006, 14:57 +0100 schrieb Paul Howarth:
>> Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> [that he's having trouble with mock's macros..]
>>
>> mock uses "yum groupinstall build", which in FC5's yum does not
>> pull in
>> the buildsys-macros package.
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-March/
>> msg02015.html
>
> Ok, thanks for the pointer. Although I red this message before I
> wasn't
> aware that _this_ was my problem.
>
> Your workaround works fine here but does this mean I can no longer use
> any "%if "%fedora" >" statements in my specfiles?
>
> Chris

It may be easier to do this:

Edit your local /etc/mock/*.cfg files, and change the 'buildgroup'
setting to be:
config_opts['buildgroup'] = 'build build-base build-minimal'

That way, mock will call yum as: 'yum groupinstall build build-base
build-minimal', and you'll get all the packages you'd expect, and it
saves you creating a local repo as Paul described.

-Jeff