Seeking new maintainer for apt and synaptic

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Apr 11 19:41:49 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apt/synaptic have been orphaned since about half a year, anyone
> objecting in me taking over?

Not really an objection, but do we want to confuse users with an extra
way to manage repositories. Also APT AFAIK still doesn't handle multi-lib.

Is there any significant reason to use apt instead of yum? Don't get me
wrong choice usually is good, but this is a very fundamental piece of
the distro, and becoming so more and more. We also have only one kernel,
C-library and X-server and with good reasons.

Regards,

Hans