Seeking new maintainer for apt and synaptic

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 11 19:54:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:41:49PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > apt/synaptic have been orphaned since about half a year, anyone
> > objecting in me taking over?
>
> Not really an objection, but do we want to confuse users with an extra
> way to manage repositories. Also APT AFAIK still doesn't handle multi-lib.
>
> Is there any significant reason to use apt instead of yum? Don't get me
> wrong choice usually is good, but this is a very fundamental piece of
> the distro, and becoming so more and more. We also have only one kernel,
> C-library and X-server and with good reasons.

I was just asking about maintainership, not replacing yum with apt in
Fedora Core ;)

Also apt has seen quite some development lately including multilib and
repomd support.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net