Tenable license on nessus plugins

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Wed Apr 12 09:15:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:35:47 -0500
"Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On second read:
> --------------
> use any Plugins other than in conjunction with
> Registered Nessus or NeWT Scanners obtained directly from
> www.nessus.org or www.tenablesecurity.com to detect
> vulnerabilities on your own system or network or on the system or
> network
> -----------------
> That's not good at all.  Perhaps a request to upstream is needed for
> special permission for use in Fedora?  Seeing as the next version of
> Nessus is closed source you might just get lucky.
>
>         -Mike

Sorry for being so quiet on this... lots of stuff going on here atm... I will
see if I can get a statement in the next couple of days...

- Andreas

--
Andreas Bierfert               | http://awbsworld.de      | GPG: C58CF1CB
andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de | http://lowlatency.de     | signed/encrypted