[pysqlite 2.2.0] how to run tests in %check section?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Apr 13 19:37:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 20:21 +0200, Dawid Gajownik wrote:
> Dnia 04/13/2006 07:47 PM, Użytkownik Garrick Staples napisał:
>
> > Need to export PYTHONPATH before running python?
>
> I tried that before but it does not resolve the problem. What bothers me
> is the fact that it works in normal shell but not in rpm spec file.

If run in the build directory, it doesn't work in a shell either.

Python apparently becomes confused because there's a pysqlite2 subdir
containing some of the needed files but no _sqlite.so in the current
dir.  cd'ing somewhere else in %check (for example /tmp) before running
the tests appears to work around it.  I'm not qualified to say for sure,
but it does smell like a bug in pysqlite or python to me.