Where to report bugs for repoview?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Apr 15 16:36:06 UTC 2006

Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> Hans de Goede wrote:
>> So please atleast at an option to repoview to only show the latest
>> version and use that to generate the pages under
>> http://fedoraproject.org/extras/5/i386/repodata/
>> (and friends)
>
> No. Then things get really complicated for packages that can be
> installed in parallel, like kernels and kernel modules, and whatnot
> libraries that can have several legitimate versions, etc.

What does this have todo with anything, doesn't the kernel version for
which a module is get put into the name part of the module? (last time I
used external modules in rpm format is some time ago). Let me rephrase:
there is no reason for mentioning the version in repoview, so let me
then advocate to not show the version which will have as a result that
the double entries are just that 100% double -> so they are a bug.

> Repoview shows you the contents of a repository. It's a web interface to
> the contents of primary.xml.gz. Everything else is best accomplished
> with a tool like yumex or pirut.

And what does a webinterface to show the contents of a repo and the
parallel installing of kernels have todo with eachother???

Please stop thinking about this from your own pov and start thinking
about our end users. The multiple versions listed in repoview will
confuse regular end users! Since repoview is very prominently linked to
as being _the_ way for users to see which packages there are this is BAD
<period> I'm sure you've got good technical reasons for listing all
versions but this is _not_ good for end users!

Regards,

Hans