Where to report bugs for repoview?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Apr 15 17:56:47 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 4/15/06, Christopher Stone <chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess because it's directly linked from
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/ as the list of available
>> packages as Hans mentioned previously in this thread.
>
> Hmm, seems that earlier post gotten eaten for me oh well.
>
> Perhaps this isnt a bug with repoview.. and its a wiki bug. If
> pointing "end users" to repoview is causing undue frustration, which I
> doubt is happening, then reword the wiki.

How?

I think its a good thing that the wiki points to a list of available
packages categorized in a sane way, I also think its a good thing this
list is automaticly generated, so pointing end users to repoview is good.

All I'm asking for is an option in the repoview generation to filter out
the doubles and then we need to setup some scripts to generate a special
version where the wiki can point at. That or just fix repoview my first
idea when I saw the doubles was: "thats a bug" and sofar I haven't seen
any evidence that its not. It is not what one would expect, it violates
the principle of least surprise so its a bug, or a mis feature.

But as we all know if you cannot turn it of its not a feature, its a bug.

I cannot believe I'm the only one who thinks these double entries are
user-unfriendly. As said before I don't want to discuss the technical
reasons behind this. From an end user pov its just plain wrong. Nobody
has argued otherwise, and if its wrong from an end user pov its a bug
end of discussion.

Regards,

Hans