RFC: Fedora Extras EOL Policy

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Apr 17 20:12:02 UTC 2006

BN> With Extras... it's 'maybe, depending on the package'. Do you
BN> really expect someone to look at a web page that has maintenance
BN> status for 3000 packages?

The only thing I really care about is that I not be prevented from or
overly encumbered in updating the packages I maintain for older Fedora
releases.

So if I just have to introduce myself to the extras-legacy team and
say "I'll be maintaining denyhosts for FC-3" and don't have to go
through additional process then I'm perfectly happy.  But if I have to
go through additional review or learn a different build system then
I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble.

 - J<