RFC: Fedora Extras EOL Policy

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Apr 18 11:17:45 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> We already face "fire'n'forget packages", which somebody manages to push
> through the review process and into the repository, but who then hides
> until it is discovered that the packages have not been touched for months
> and that their maintainer doesn't seem to be reachable.

I fully agree that this is a big problem. I like the term "fire'n'forget
packages" it covers the charge, I'm worried however about all the
policies people are trying to create to fight symptoms of this problem.
Wouldn't it be better to just have a sane auto orphan policy for these
and then a sane orphan policy on top?

Regards,

Hans