Order of searching

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 14:02:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

> > I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. Shouldn't the same order system
> > work as normal (i.e. /usr/lib64/pkgconfig fails so look
> > in /usr/lib/pkgconfig)?
>
> No. PKG_CONFIG_PATH search order is libdir/pkgconfig:datadir/pkgconfig
> with libdir and datadir being build-time constants. So, if you compile
> pkg-config with %_libdir = /usr/lib64, it searches in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig
> and never in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.

Looks like mono is not picking up libdir as /usr/lib and using it's own.
It should be simple enough to fix, I just pass --libdir=/usr/lib and
that should do the trick.

When I looked though when the package is being made, libdir was set
as /usr/lib, so it might be something else.

Thanks for the pointer.

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who