RFC: FESCo Future

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Apr 24 12:01:18 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 24.04.2006, 13:37 +0200 schrieb Christian.Iseli at licr.org:
> fedora at leemhuis.info said:
> > Big missing piece in this plan: How to actually vote? Does anyone have
> > experiences with E-Mail/Web voting system? How fast can such a voting system
> > be set up? How do we make sure that we can trust the results?
>
> Well, we do have a list of people who have completed the cla, complete with
> their GPG key...
>
> So how about you produce an "official" list of eligible people, post it on
> f-e-l, then people tick off the ones they'd like to elect, sign the list and
> return it to some voting email address.
>
> Shouldn't then be too hard to process the signed lists to count the votes...

Well, I would prefer a solution that works and is well tried already
over one where we need to write scripts/webinterfaces/whatever. Debian
and Gnome do votes somehow iirc and maybe it would be the easiest if we
just could use the same software for Fedora Extras.

> Or did you intend to have anonymous voting ?

Good question. What would people prefer?

CU
thl