RFC: FESCo Future

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 17:32:21 UTC 2006

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Yes, you two have a point. But I think that some old members will always
> be re-elected (Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we can ignore this risk).
>
> And a public voting is probably a lot of work -- I don't want to
> organize that twice a year. And I prefer a "1 year stable group with
> people that know each other and know how to make compromises" over a
> "group that is shuffled and confused by new members every six months".
>
> BTW, does anyone know how Gnome or Debian handle this? Gnome elects the
> whole board once a year iirc.
>
> CU
> thl

In my opinion, we don't need to expire people for time reasons.  It is
unnecessary overhead to go through this just for the sake of having
elections.

Instead we should expire people voluntarily or if they haven't actually
done anything.  That alone would open many spots and allow fresh blood in.

People should vote in new members if they have earned respect of fellow
community members.  Generally this requires doing things in Extras.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com