RFC: FESCo Future

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Tue Apr 25 13:17:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 14:46 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> FPB controls FESCO.

Yes, and we shall rule with an iron fist!!!!
<eye roll>

Maybe you should meet the people involved before you worry. None of us
are mega-maniacal madmen or madwomen. We all really think there are
places to improve fedora and we're interested in working on them.

> But ask yourself: Given RH's attitude, is FESCO of any importance?

importance is relative. FESCO is very important relative to a lot of
things in fedora. Is FESCO more important than the resources rh already
throws at fedora? The buildsystems, the bandwidth, the people? no. Is
there any conflict between these two items that would make us need to
weigh their value versus importance? No.

> As I sense it: No, it isn't. This discussion a waste of time. The RH or
> current FESCO Gods will decide on their will. The best we can expect is
> of them giving us an ear :(

If you continue using dramatic hyperbole to describe everything I can
assure that few people will ever hear you, Ralf.

-sv