RFC: FESCo Future

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Apr 25 23:05:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 00:44 +0200, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:
> fedora at leemhuis.info said:
> > we still have no system how to actually do the FESCo vote
>
> One thing is still not clear to me: who can vote ?
>  - any bloke with access to a keyboard ?
>  - any fedora related ml member ?
>  - f-e-l list members ?
>  - contributors with a signed cla ?

To have gpg verification, they need to be in the accounts system with a
gpg key registered.  So the signed cla group above is the closest to qualifying.
Note that docs volunteers and others have signed CLAs, not just Extras
packagers.  If you want to be even stricter about who votes you'd want
something like "has an entry in owners.list".  Or belongs to the cvsextras
group in Accounts.

-Toshio