RFC: FESCo Future

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Apr 25 23:19:46 UTC 2006

skvidal at linux.duke.edu said:
> votes should be for contributors with a signed cla and submitted gpg key.
> That's the only way we'll verify people so one person == one vote.

Right.  In that case...

I'll admit upfront I have no experience with this kind of vote.  But here is
my naive proposal:
 1. create a list of candidates in a plain text file, one candidate per line
 2. post the file on f-e-l
 3. instruct people to only keep 13 names (or whatever is decided) in their
    list, kept one per line, and delete the other names.
    No other editing than deleting entire lines.
 4. people have to clearsign the text file with the GPG key from the cla
 5. people send back the clearsigned text file to a gathering email address,
    or upload on a web or wiki page

To count the votes:
 1. gather all the received clearsigned text files
 2. keep only those where signature is verified through the cla keys
 3. ensure number of lines in each file <= 13, throw away bad ones
 4. ensure there are no duplicated lines "sort | uniq -c | grep -v ' 1 '"
    (unless you want to allow vote cumulating)
 5. global "sort | uniq -c" and you have results...

Time for bed here...

Cheers,
					Christian