Best practices wrt. Changelog entries in spec file (upstream vs. specfile)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Apr 30 17:18:14 UTC 2006

MS> You can look _into_ rpms just fine and skim over any included
MS> ChangeLog, NEWS, README files.

Please tell us how you would do so.  Assume the usual case, that the
package is in a remote yum repo.

Remember that we have no announcement mechanism for Extras packages,
so we have no way to communicate possible incompatible updates to
users.  Obviously the idea is to not introduce any incompatible
changes within a single Fedora release, but eventually it's going to
happen and surely a sentence in the %changelog can do nothing but
help.

 - J<