new package request

Don Russell bugzilla at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Apr 3 04:16:27 UTC 2006

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 4/2/06, Don Russell <bugzilla at drussell.dnsalias.com> wrote:
>
>> I installed Fedora Core 5, including httpd (Apache) and mySQL.... I
>> can't find any rpms for phpMyAdmin.
>>
>> Since the web server and the mySQL database are shipped with FC, I'd
>> like to cast a vote for getting a package of phpMyAdmin in Extras.
>>
>> What is the proper place/procedure to request a new package?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Don
>>

> Place it on: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList  I've
> actually been meaning to package this so I'll try to get off my butt
> and do it.
>
>             -Mike

Thanks Mike... but *what" do I place there? I don't actually *have*
anything other than the gzip file available at http://www.phpmyadmin.net

And *how* to I put something there? I couldn't find a link to anything
where I could add a comment/make a request...

I'm trying to install phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.2 manually.... but that's going
so well, I thought I'd take a break and see what it takes to request it
be added to Extras. :-)

Don