sodipodi and architecture Q

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Apr 10 14:33:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:04:25 +0100, PFJ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The version of sodipodi in FE(3) has multiple architectures defined in
> the spec file for i386, i686 and athlon.

It checks the build arch so it can disable/enable MMX optimisations at
build-time. FC is not available for anything less than i586, so building a
binary without MMX support would be of questionable benefit, but:

> I'd like to adopt this package, but am unsure as to which of these
> architectures should stay in the spec file given we haven't had an
> athlon release in ages and unless it's the kernel, very things have a
> i686 specific version.
>
> Advice appreciated.

To the best of my knowledge, Sodipodi in FE has been abandoned in favour
of Inkscape (which had started as a fork of Sodipodi). Upstream, Sodipodi
is still at 0.34 (February 10, 2004).