Seeking new maintainer for apt and synaptic

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Apr 11 20:32:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 21:01 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apt/synaptic have been orphaned since about half a year, anyone
> objecting in me taking over?

There was these messages from a while back:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-February/msg00658.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-February/msg00688.html

But it appears no one actually took ownership. Panu's multilib apt seems
to have mysteriously appeared in the devel branch recently, but no
builds have been pushed. I tried building it myself on x86_64 and it
crashed and burned when run. Haven't tried it on i386 yet.

Panu's apt also seems to use yum metadata instead of apt. Nice.

I've got an aptitude package waiting in the wings, if someone gets apt
functional again.