Tenable license on nessus plugins

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 12 02:35:47 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Perhaps I'm missing something here but isn't the nessus-update-plugins
> script that comes with nessus enough?  I mean, its a little odd but is
> that acceptable?
>
> Do the individual plugins come with licenses?  If so can you filter
> out the bad license plugins?  Its a crap job but might be your only
> other choice.
>
>          -Mike

On second read:
--------------
use any Plugins other than in conjunction with
Registered Nessus or NeWT Scanners obtained directly from
www.nessus.org or www.tenablesecurity.com to detect
vulnerabilities on your own system or network or on the system or
network
That's not good at all.  Perhaps a request to upstream is needed for
special permission for use in Fedora?  Seeing as the next version of
Nessus is closed source you might just get lucky.

        -Mike