packages no longer in core page

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Apr 13 17:02:02 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am currently doing a script (in fact, modifying Christian script)
to output automatically info like the one listed at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackagesFC4
for fedora core releases since fc 1.

I can currently output the list of the srpm that aren't in core
development nor in extra development, but I need additional information
to eliminate the packages that have been obsoleted or merged into
other packages, for which it wouldn't make sense to have a package in
extras (like, for example redhat-config-network. Thus I need some info
like what is on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/PackagesNoLongerInDevel

Does it seems worth, and what should I do next?

--
Pat