Removal of orphaned packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Apr 14 07:15:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 12:29:31AM +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It was recently discussed on here that the importing of sodipodi may not
> be that good as inkscape is the successor.
>
> Would it be worthwhile removing any packages on the orphaned list where
> there is a successor?

I think it wouldn't. In my opinion the orphaned packages should be removed
based on maintainership/packaging criteria, not on potential usability
criteria. If it doesn't build, has unfixed bugs and isn't required by
another package, for example, but not because there is something said to
be better.

--
Pat