Contribution to Extras (an update)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Apr 17 22:11:45 UTC 2006

JS> Here's what I don't understand...  can I a package a game and
JS> review a game as a normal Extras contributor without having to
JS> follow the additional requirements of the games SIG?

Would you really want to?  The Game SIG folks will happily review any
game-related package that comes up, and generally they'll do so
quickly.  Of course they'll ask that you follow the minor additional
bits so that all of the games are packaged consistently.  I mean, the
requirements aren't a huge deal and make a lot of sense.  Would you
really, say, bypass the guideline about dropping setgid privileges
properly after the scoreboard file is opened, or the one about not
running server daemons as root?

But hey, if you don't agree with the reviewer, I suppose you can
always ask for another one.  I'm sure you'll get one eventually.

 - J<