RFC: FESCo Future

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 24 02:46:48 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 04:26:35PM -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 4/23/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> > - For how long are people elected for FESCo?
> > One year seem reasonable to me. They can be re-elected. To make the
> > whole process a bit easier: Elect a new FESCo round about four or six
> > weeks after a odd-numbered Fedora Core (e.g. FC5, FC7, FC9, ...) was
> > published
>
> With 1 year appointment terms I'd rather see elections of half of
> fesco every 6 months.  I don't think potentially turning over the
> whole committee in a single election is a good idea for continuity of
> purpose or long term planning issues.

Yes, I agree.  We want a mix of both old and new members at any one time.
That way, we don't get a radical change of plans or focus every year.

So, there are some members who want to leave FESCO at the moment.  That is
fine.  Thank them for their contributions and let them go.  Then elect
enough members to make FESCO a governing body of 13.  Then in 6 months,
those that were there already have their term up and you elect another half.

josh