Sponsorship process

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 25 04:52:12 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 24.04.2006, 16:25 +0100 schrieb Paul Howarth:
> On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 15:39 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > Looks like the page is need of a few tweaks :-)
> >
> > Well, it's a wiki -- feel free to change things. Yes, those pages are
> > more important than others and we need to be careful that they remain
> > read- and understandable. But I still think every contributor is free to
> > add things. Just be more careful.
> OK. I'm familiar with editing the wiki but some pages are rather more
> "official" than others; I wouldn't dream of editing the package review
> guidelines page to suit my personal preferences for instance, however
> appealing the thought might be at times :-)

Well, there are always some people that look closer at the changes made
to the wiki. So just adding "personal preferences" will probably be
noticed and reverted ;-)

Now more official: There are pages that are 'more "official" than
others'. If you want to make changes to it but are not sure if they are
proper prepare a diff offline and send it by mail to one of the people
that changed the page often in the past. Ask him if these changes are
okay. Maybe that person will apply them directly to the wiki, maybe
he'll say "the changes are okay, go ahead and apply it yourself"

That okay for everybody?

> > [...]
> > > I'd add to this that joining the read-only fedora-package-review mailing
> > > list (not included in the aforementioned section on mailing lists) is a
> > > good way to see the process in action for other submissions.
> > Go ahead :-)
> Done.

thx

CU