homes for the homeless.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 14:24:27 UTC 2006

On 4/25/06, Brian Pepple <bdpepple at ameritech.net> wrote:
> I'm well aware that non-active packages are accepted in FE, but does it
> make sense to spend time on packaging this, when there is a clear
> successor to sodipodi that is actively be developed?

I use inkscape pretty much daily at this point to do minor svg
manipulation. From a user perspective, I honestly doubt I'd ever need
to install sodipodi. There isn't a big toolkit/library difference
between the codebases so there's no secondary codebase purity reason
associated with the packages either.  Sometimes we have to let
codebases pass away into the long goodbye and move on.

-jef"just as long as oneko never dies"spaleta