homes for the homeless.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Apr 25 18:32:45 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 19:30 +1200, Michael J Knox wrote:
> I am willing to take ownership of the following orphaned packages:
>
> doctorj

Just so you know what you're up against: IIRC this package has quite a
few issues with recent C++ compilers.

Meanwhile, upstream has switched to Java in 5.0.0, and I tried to build
it with the GNU Java stack a long time ago, but that effort failed for
some reason that I no longer remember.

IMO the most productive approach would be to try upgrading to 5.0.0
again, but that practically means a complete specfile rewrite so it
might not be a bad idea to submit the result for review as if it were a
new package.  I don't think doing so is mandatory though.