weekly "new pacakges in Extras" (Was: Fedora Package Announcement List Split)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Apr 27 10:01:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:02:58AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 26.04.2006, 12:07 -0400 schrieb Warren Togami:
> > As of Monday April 26th, 2006, all package update mail will be going out
> > to the new list fedora-package-announce.
>
> I'm wondering if we should post a weekly "this new packages have entered
> Fedora Extras during the last week" to that list.

That's a good idea. But why weekly and not when they enter the repo
(e.g. daily)?

> "new" = packages that were not in Fedora Extras before; Maybe important
> updates to existing packages could also be mentioned (e.g. a update from
> foo-0.9-9 to foo-1.0-1 or from bar-2.1-7 to bar-3.0-1)

Well, important is always subjective. Better just list them all. Maybe
in a consize format, e.g. a daily mail like the rawhide report (not
one mail per package like fedora core reports).

> Opinions? Anyone interested in doing that job?

Should the buildsystem do that? E.g. whenever the repo is freshened
create that list?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net