Security Response Team / EOL

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Apr 28 15:22:23 UTC 2006

> > The packagers should be trust to do things right.
>
> > Of course, but a packager that add new packages to legacy branches
> > should guarantee that he (or a co-maintainer) is willing to do the
> > maintainance, just like he guarantee that he is willing to maintain the
> > package in current branches.
>
> That is contradictory to what you've written earlier. Here you talk
> of "guarantees". Earlier you went the "no guarantees, no promises,
> no warranty" road. Doesn't work for me.

My point is that individual packagers should be willing to maintain the
packages they propose when they make them enter fedora, whatever version.
But as nobody may be forced to do anything, the FE project as a whole
cannot make any promise other than try to have proper infrastructure
and policies that helps finding unmaintained packages, co-maintainership,
quicker bugfixing and so on.

--
Pat