Security Response Team / EOL

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Apr 29 15:02:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 10:52 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> How about a compromise? Externally (toward the users) the official
> position is that there is no official support (*) anymore other than
> security fixes, while packagers are still allowed to update legacied'
> releases at their own discretion w/o having to go through loops?

Because no matter what we "say" is policy, end users would continue to
see random packages change in EOL releases, which is not a clear
message.  Come on guys, if you need a longer lifespan than what Fedora
provides (the full thing, including Legacy), mayhap you need to be
looking for a different project.  RHEL/CentOS exists for a reason.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora