Update of the fish package

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Tue Aug 1 09:23:12 UTC 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 01:59:04 +0200, Axel Liljencrantz wrote:

> Thank you. So the following
>
> %{!?fedora: %define fedora 6}
> %if "%fedora" >= "5"
> BuildRequires: xorg-x11-proto-devel libX11-devel libXt-devel
> %else
> BuildRequires: xorg-x11-devel
> %endif
>
> would be considered nicer than the original spec? I guess I'd agree.
> The main downside is that it will not work on non-fedora systems which
> do not use the same package names as fedora 5, which should be all pre
> X.org-7.0 systems.

Well, you could craft proper if-conditions for all supported releases of
%fedora and cover old systems via %else.

Alternatively, you can leave %fedora undefined whenever it is and
in that case check whether it's undefined:

%if 0%{?fedora}
# a non-Fedora system
%endif

Here, %{?fedora} only expands to something if defined, and because of the
prefix 0 the value becomes 0 (=false) if %fedora is undefined.