questions about comps files

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Aug 1 19:42:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:24:44AM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 11:41 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> LaTeX things have traditionally been in the Authoring and Publishing
> group as well.  If there's a desire to get the description changed,
> propose something and I'm more than willing to make it more generic :)

What about
These tools allow you to create documents in authoring formats and convert them to HTML, PDF, Postscript, and text.

> > * where should wxWidgets based applications go (I maintain xchm).
>
> Look more at what the application does as opposed to what widget set it
> uses.

But there are the gnome-desktop, and kde-desktop...

Anyway I guess xchm belongs to office.

> The problem with doing so is that it can lead to a confusing UI in some
> cases.  We've tried (hard) to get to where packages are only listed for
> one component.  I'd like to try to stay there.

Ok. I think this should be said somewhere...

> There's the mail-server group :)

Why not, but then the description could look like:

These packages allow you to configure an IMAP, SMTP mail server or MTA.

--
Pat