.pyo files

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Aug 11 00:19:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 05:33 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>

> > P.S. The packaging committee usually asks for comments from FESCo and
> > Core and then the policy goes into effect the following week if there
> > were no objections.
>
> Which people from Core? Is it the release engineering team?
> Can you document your working methodology somewhere?

In the past it was up to Jesse Keating to make sure that the relevant
people in Core were given the information and take the objections back
to the Packaging Committee.  For this week (and presumably if it works
well, for the future) Jesse asked that the changes be emailed to the
fedora-maintainers mailing list as a heads-up and in case anyone found
the change objectionable.

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Committee

Says that the current methodology is for representatives from Core and
Extras (currently Jesse for Core and Packaging Committee Members that
are also on FESCo for Extras) will present the information.  Several
weeks ago the Packaging Committee and FESCo agreed that this process
would also handle objections to the policies.

For FESCo, the Packaging Committee has been presenting its meeting
summary at the FESCo meeting which occurs directly after.  Today's FESCo
discussed the possibility of doing some of this via email which would
require the Packaging Committee or FESCo to change the weekday they meet
so there's time for a summary to be emailed and viewed by the members.

The email to maintainers-list also is happening for the first time
today.  If it continues to be the norm we'll document it on the
Packaging/Committee page.

-Toshio